Selling and Letting Solutions

Trustmark Ecmk


Domestic EPC

Why do I need an EPC?


Energy Performance Certificates (EPC's) have been introduced to help improve the energy efficiency of buildings.


If you are selling or renting a home you now need a certificate by law.  The certificate provides 'A' to 'G' ratings for the building, with 'A' being the most energy efficient and 'G' being the least, with the average up to now being 'D'.


Only Accredited energy assessors produce EPCs alongside an associated report which suggests improvements to make a building more energy efficient.


If you are a landlord and your property falls below an E rating you may not be able to let your property from April 2018    -    We can help


Tips for a more energy efficient dwelling


• Replace your lightbulbs with energy savers.


• Install Cavity wall insulation if possible,  or external / internal insulation if you have solid walls.


• Install loft insulation.


• Insulate your hot-water cylinder.


• Use a cheaper, more efficient method of creating heat or electricity. This could be upgrading to a 'Band A'   condensing boiler, or adding solar panels.


• Install double glazing.


• Use heating controls to make sure you only ever use as much heat as is necessary. Heating controls   include timers, thermostats and TRV's.